There’s something a bit shit (weary expression) about having several different visceral-amazing moments with the same unexpected song from one wine glass onwards:
1. Pink neon songs and Phoenix at sunset is unbelievable.
2. Wow this moment I had earlier is even better now that the music has slowly faded in, followed by a kick.
3. The song ‘Bourgeois’ by Phoenix is about having no ambitions - fuck you artsy girl saying she was inspired by being somewhere where loads of ambitious people live.
4. One of the only lasting moments I have from college is my French Reading tutor telling me it was/wasn’t bourgeois to talk about a meal whilst consuming one.
5. Is it all that bourgeois-in-an-ironic way to write the word ‘BOURGEOIS - Why would you care for more’ in capitals with a sharpie on the back of a Brown Thomas Loyalty Card form?
6. Do I even know what this word means anymore??
7. Am I bourgeois???
8. Wow this song is really good again, have I really had it on repeat for half an hour????
You play the unexpected song you already heard while one glass of wine emotional, as you realise how even more ‘bowl-me-over’ amazing it is, you slowly fall backwards into your bed, the light catches your sequin covered cushion, and then you have the biggest slow grin ever while you realise how HAPPY you are about everything right now.
And then you go and kill the vibe by tumblr-ing about it.
Casio luv and discerning out-of-town-style whilst chugging poorly mixed blackcurrant vodka in a disabled toilet w/ @sarahkcarroll